The JBL 9.1 Soundbar is a great product that takes you right into the movie theater with its 3D surround sound. But like every electronic device, issues arise occasionally. It gets cut out and disconnected, a common problem many of its users encounter.
That’s why in this article, we will discuss some of the most common causes for this problem and how you can fix them.
We want to make sure you get the help you need as quickly as possible.
So read on to learn more and be guided on what you need to do.
Why Does My JBL 9.1 Soundbar Keep Cutting Out?
There are a few common things that can cause your JBL 9.1 Soundbar to keep cutting out. We are going to walk you through how to fix them.
Here are the most likely culprits you can find with your speaker:
- Bad wiring or connection: This is one of the most common reasons. To fix it, make sure all your cables are securely connected. Other than that, you also need to ensure that there is no loose wire touching any other components.
- Incorrect settings: Sometimes, people forget to check their audio settings resulting in JBL 9.1 Soundbar cutting out frequently. You would want to make sure all your audio devices are turned on and that the Soundbar is set to the correct input. Make sure the surround speakers are all correctly set up.
- Problem with the HDMI cable: Check if the HDMI cable is connected correctly. The cable might also be faulty, so make sure you check it by using it on another device as well.
- Disconnected power supply: You might want to check if the power supply is faulty or not plugged in correctly.
- Interference from another device: There could be interference from other devices that are using the same frequency range as the JBL 9.1 Soundbar. Check your other speakers and devices to find out whether or not this is the cause of your soundbar cutting out.
- Faulty or old software: If you’ve tried all the other solutions and you are still experiencing the same problem, it is possible that the fault lies with the software. In this case, you’ll need to update or reinstall the firmware for your soundbar.
- Defective equipment: If everything else seems to be in order, it is possible that your JBL 9.1 Soundbar itself is defective. In this case, you’ll need to contact JBL support for assistance.
Why Does My JBL 9.1 Soundbar Keep on Disconnecting?
There are a few common reasons why your JBL 9.1 Soundbar might be disconnecting. Here are some tips to help you troubleshoot and fix the issue:
- Soundbar connection to devices: Make sure that your JBL 9.1 Soundbar is appropriately connected to your TV or other audio devices. If the connection is loose, it could cause intermittent sound problems. i
- Damages on the soundbar itself: Check to see if there is any physical damage to your JBL 9.1 Soundbar. It is likely that the sound has been cut out because it has been accidentally dropped, fallen into the water, or mishandled.
- Heat and environment: Ensure that your JBL 9.1 Soundbar is placed in an area with good ventilation. If it is stored too close to heat sources or in poorly ventilated storage, this can also lead to problems with the sound quality.
If you have tried all of these tips and your JBL 9.1 Soundbar is still cutting out or disconnecting, we recommend you contact the JBL support team for further assistance. They will be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and find a solution that works best for you.
But if you are interested and determined to fix your JBL 9.1 Soundbar by yourself at home, you can try resetting it.
How Do I Reset My JBL 9.1 Soundbar?
If you are still experiencing problems with your JBL 9.1 Soundbar cutting out, the next thing you want to do is try resetting the device. This is a very simple way that has helped a lot of soundbar users get their devices to work again.
Here are the steps that you can easily follow. No professional knowledge about sound systems is needed.
- Unplug your JBL 9.1 Soundbar from the power outlet.
- Wait for a few minutes, and then plug your Soundbar back in.
- Press and hold the “Source” button on the front of the JBL 9.1 Soundbar. You need to wait until the blue light starts flashing.
- Release the “Source” button, and then press it once again. This will put your JBL 9.1 Soundbar into setup mode.
- Follow the instructions you see on the screen to complete the reset process.
Once your JBL 9.1 Soundbar has been reset, try connecting it to your TV or other audio devices and see if the problem is still happening.
In case the Soundbar is still not working, get further assistance by talking to the JBL support team.
The JBL 9.1 Soundbar is a great product. With its detachable surround speakers and a dedicated subwoofer, the JBL Soundbar will bring your movies, games, and music to life with stunning realism and incredible surround sound.
In other words, it has excellent sound quality capable of boosting your home theater experience.
However, many users have said that their soundbar keeps cutting out or disconnecting.
To recap, it may be because of any of the following reasons:
- Bad wiring or connection
- Incorrect settings
- Problem with the HDMI cable
- Disconnected power supply
- Interference from another device
- Faulty or old software
- Defective equipment
- Connection to the devices
- Heat and poor ventilation
Fortunately, with the steps we’ve listed above, you can fix it on your own. However, we recommend that you still reach out to JBL’s support team to get thorough guidance and help.
So, we hope these tips that we have compiled are useful to you and can help you solve the issue you have with your JBL 9.1 Soundbar.
- How To Connect LG Sound Bar To Sony Bravia TV? [Simple 6 Step Guide] - June 28, 2022
- Bose Soundbar 700 Remote Blinking – What Is The Reason? - June 28, 2022
- How To Reset Vizio TV Without Remote - May 13, 2022