Are you looking to connect two JBL speakers? In this step-by-step guide, we’ll show you how easy it is to do. Whether you’re a music lover or a movie enthusiast who wants better sound quality for your movies and TV shows, connecting two JBL speakers is a great way to improve your audio experience.
So let’s get started!
How to Connect 2 JBL Speakers?
In this guide, we are using two JBL Flip 3 speakers. However, the process is the same no matter what type of JBL speaker you have.
The first thing to do is pair your speakers. If you already know how to pair them and want instructions on that, you can find those on the official JBL website. Otherwise, we’ll show you how now:
- Turn the power off on both speakers by pressing and holding the power buttons until they turn themselves off. This ensures that neither one plays audio while we set them up as a stereo pair.
- Once they’re off, press and hold the Bluetooth button on speaker A until it begins blinking blue/red which indicates it’s in Bluetooth pairing mode.
- Now, press and hold the power button on speaker B until it begins blinking blue/red. Once it does, you know they’re paired and ready to go.
Can You Play 2 JBL Speakers at the Same Time?
Yes, you can! You can play either 2 JBL speakers simultaneously or hook up one with another to get more sound. For example, if you have two JBL Xtreme speakers, you can use the “Party” feature by pressing and holding their power buttons simultaneously, which will give you an even better sound.
If that’s beyond what you need, don’t worry – the process is simple! Just follow steps 1-3 above to connect them using Bluetooth. If you want to connect them using an auxiliary cable (also known as RCA or stereo cables), connect your speaker A output into speaker B input and proceed with the following steps:
- Switch both on and press and hold both volume buttons on speaker A until it starts blinking blue/red, indicating it’s in Bluetooth pairing mode.
- After doing so, press and hold the power button on speaker B until its light starts blinking as well.
- Once that happens, you should connect your speakers wirelessly and with a cable to provide even better sound!
How Can I Improve Sound Quality?
Here are some ways to improve the sound quality of your JBL speakers.
Connecting two JBL speakers simultaneously sounds fantastic. Not only does this make your audio clearer and louder, but it also removes the need to pair them every time you have guests over.
You can even connect one speaker with another if you don’t want to use Bluetooth! Remember to switch both speakers on before pairing. Then connect the output of speaker A’s AUX port into speaker B’s AUX/Line In port like so:
After this, press and hold the power button on speaker A until it starts blinking blue/red, which indicates that it’s now in Bluetooth pairing mode. Once that happens, press and hold the power button on speaker B until its light turns red as well. After that, you should connect your speakers wirelessly over Bluetooth as well as with a cable!
Which JBL Speakers Can Connect?
JBL has a pretty wide range of speakers. If you want to use two simultaneously, all of them can connect with each other wirelessly/with cables with each other if you want to use two simultaneously. Some popular ones that you can easily pair together are:
- Xtreme (Single) – This is an updated version of the famous Flip, but bigger and better. Dual passive radiators and two 50mm drivers deliver much fuller sound than its predecessor. In addition, it features Bluetooth and NFC pairing, JBL Connect+ to play with multiple speakers at once, and a built-in mic for hands-free calls (great for conference calls).
- Big (Double) – A prominent speaker indeed! Measuring at 24.7 x 12.2 x 8.9 inches and weighing 20 pounds, it comes with two passive radiators on the side (for more bass) and two 50mm drivers for better sound.
- Pulse 2 (Single) – This speaker updates the popular Pulse launched in 2013. It has a built-in 18W charging dock that can charge your smartphone or tablet while playing music. It also features JBL Connect+ to connect multiple speakers simultaneously and Bluetooth NFC pairing, so you don’t have to waste time connecting them!
- Charge 3 (Single) – The newest in JBL’s wireless Bluetooth portable speaker line, the Charge 3 is the beefier brother of the Flip 3 . It has a built-in 10,000mAh battery which can give you 15 hours of playtime at 50% volume. It is also more rugged and durable with an IPX7 rating, so it’s splash-proof, dustproof, and can withstand being submerged in water up to 1 meter for 30 minutes.
Although these speakers have many things in common (connects wirelessly/with cables, Bluetooth technology, made by JBL, etc.), they vary a bit regarding power output and other features. For example, the Pulse 2 only has one passive radiator on the side, while the Xtreme has two and two 50mm drivers for better sound. In addition, the Charge 3 is not portable anymore as it weighs over a kilogram and can’t be carried around. Those who are more into portability should look at the Big or Flip 3 speakers instead.
Why Won’t My JBL Speakers Connect?
There are many reasons why your speakers might not be able to connect or keep connecting. Some of the factors include:
- The power supply is poor
Make sure that your speakers are connected to the same power supply or that they can both draw enough current from it (if you want to use two at the same time). If your laptop’s USB port only provides 500mA, you probably won’t be able to connect 2 JBL speakers even if they do have enough battery life left because their combined current consumption might exceed the USB port’s limit. You should always make sure that both can draw at least 700-800mA for optimal performance
2. Your Bluetooth/NFC pairing has expired because of no connection between the speakers for too long.
This happens if you haven’t used Bluetooth on one of your speakers within the last 4 hours. To fix this, turn off the speaker that has stopped receiving data wirelessly and turn it on again. This should solve the problem.
3. You are too far away from your speakers.
If you’re having trouble connecting (the connection gets lost or one of them stops playing), make sure not to stay too far away from your speakers. If they are in different rooms, place them near each other to communicate with each other better. Once again, if your laptop’s USB port only provides 500mA, it might cause problems because its power supply is limited by design (special chips like 1T1R).
For the majority of people, sound quality is probably not an issue. However, you get what you pay for, and it’s just not possible to get good bass or high fidelity crystal clear treble from tiny speakers with tiny drivers. JBL speakers are so popular because they provide excellent value for money and offer a “premium” listening experience.
We hope this article has helped explain some of the differences between their various products so you can choose which one is best suited for your needs!
- How To Connect LG Sound Bar To Sony Bravia TV? [Simple 6 Step Guide] - June 28, 2022
- Bose Soundbar 700 Remote Blinking – What Is The Reason? - June 28, 2022
- How To Reset Vizio TV Without Remote - May 13, 2022