If you are wondering how to connect Sonos Playbar to Samsung tv, we don’t blame you. After all, the Sonos Soundbar is one of Samsung’s most popular products on the market.
With the ability to produce cinematic audio while listening to your favorite audiobooks, watching nightly Netflix shows, or streaming fast-paced action movies, this technology ensures nothing is lost in translation.
Offering crisp, clean, and well-balanced sound, the Sonos Playbar is the perfect addition to anyone’s living room.
However, just like with any piece of new technology, we need to know how it works. When everyone purchased their first-generation iPod, it took some getting used to, learning how to add songs, rewind, and get to the Main Menu.
Fortunately for those less tech-savvy, the Sonos Playbar is very easy to use and connect.
Let’s go over how to connect your Sonos Playbar to the Samsung TV in just a few simple steps. Forget the complicated directions and read how to quickly connect the high-tech speaker to your smart television in a few minutes so you won’t miss the new episode of your favorite show.
Connect Sonos Playbar to Samsung TV via Manual Method
One of the most basic ways to connect the Sonos Playbar to your Samsung TV is through an HDMI cable.
The HDMI cable is the connecting wire that transmits the audio from the TV through the sound system (Sonos Playbar).
Follow these simple steps to connect your Sonos Playbar to the Samsung TV in no time:
- Download the Sonos application on any mobile device.
- Place the Sonos Soundbar near a power socket for easy charging.
- Plug in the Sonos Soundbar to the power socket.
- Connect the Sonos Soundbar to the TV via the digital audio out port and the optical audio cord.
- Launch the Sonos app.
- Tap on ‘Set up a New Sonos System.’
- Follow the prompts to finish the app and Sonos set-up.
Connect Sonos Playbar via WiFi
If you have already connected the Sonos Playbar to the Samsung TV before, you can follow these steps to connect via a wireless method.
- Connect the Sonos speaker to the Wi-Fi network.
- Make sure it is the same network your Samsung TV is connected to.
Connect Sonos Playbar to Samsung TV via Bluetooth
The second method of connecting your Sonos Soundbar to your Samsung TV is through Bluetooth. Besides using your shared Wi-Fi network or physical connections, like HDMI cables, connecting your Soundbar to the Samsung TV through Bluetooth is possible.
- Open a streaming service (ex. Amazon or Hulu).
- Click on the ‘Settings’ menu.
- Search for the Sonos Soundbar in the settings menu’s speakers section.
- Ensure your speakers are in Bluetooth pairing mode.
- Select your speaker.
In addition, for those who want to add a new Soundbar to the existing Sonos sound system, owners need to do the following:
- Open the Sonos Controller application.
- Click on ‘Add a Player.’
- Finish the setup by following the prompts.
Connect Sonos Playbar to Samsung TV via Samsung One Remote
The last way to connect the Sonos Playbar to the Samsung TV is to use the Samsung One Remote. For those who get annoyed at the lack of Bluetooth connectivity or run multiple Bluetooth devices simultaneously, using the remote can easily avoid confusion and connect the speaker.
The Samsung One remote uses radiofrequency technology to connect to the TV and only requires a few minor setting adjustments to set up for the first time.
By following these steps in order, owners can connect their Soundbar to the TV in just a few minutes:
- Go to the Samsung TV ‘Home” Menu.
- Select ‘Sources.’
- Click on Universal Remote (if you have not already set up your universal remote, this step comes first).
- Press ‘Start to Begin.’
- Click on ‘New Device’
- Click on ‘Home Theater System’
- Search for your Sonos Playbar
- Change the input setting to ‘Optical.’
- Perform a ‘Power Test’ to confirm the power sources are already set up and ready to use.
- Go to ‘Settings’ on your Sonos application.
- Select ‘Samsung TV’ and complete the setup.
Sonos Playbar Review – Should I Use it With My Samsung TV?
Now that you know how to set up the Sonos Playbar with your Samsung TV, you might be wondering — is it worth it? In short, yes.
First, a soundbar and separate speaker has numerous advantages over a traditional TV system. A soundbar can offer the following benefits:
- Budget-friendly and affordable
- Convenient for a sound upgrade
- Easy and fast installation
- An excellent choice for small spaces (ex: apartments, bedrooms, lofts, etc.)
- Much higher quality than the TV speakers
- You don’t need a separate box to operate
- It comes with streaming services
- Uses Bluetooth and WiFi for easy connectivity
- Sleek aesthetic
The Sonos Playbar is one of the best all-around speakers on the market for mixed-use. For those who want a WiFi, Bluetooth, and manual-connection sound system for listening to their favorite songs, watching movies, and catching up on TV, the Playbar can do it all.
Pros and Cons of the Sonos Playbar
Although it might not be the very best at any one thing, the versatility of the Playbar makes it suitable for most types of content.
The wide soundstage is ideal for music and movies, whereas the balanced sound profile makes listening to lengthy TV shows enjoyable. Plus, the easy setup and the durable design make this an innovative and cost-effective choice for long-term use.
- Great for dialogue (TV shows, movies, music)
- Balanced and bright sound
- Wide soundstage
- Easily stream via WiFi
- It does not contain full HDMI ports
- Less powerful in the bass range
What About the Samsung Smart TV?
Although you have set your sights on the Sonos Playbar, some homeowners may wonder if the money for a smart TV is worth it. If you enjoy versatility, flexibility, gaming, and far-reaching access, then a Samsung TV is the best way to get everything you need in one place.
There are numerous benefits of the Samsung TV that can influence your decision if you are debating whether or not you want to purchase the Sonos Soundbar with a home TV and sound system:
- Curved Screen: The Samsung TV provides a curved screen that makes viewing possible from various angles.
- Gaming: For avid gamers who want consistent handing and a reliable gaming experience, the Samsung TV will not disappoint.
- Anti-Glare: Glare can ruin your favorite TV shows if your living room is in an area that gets sun most of the day. The Samsung TV uses anti-glare technology so that you can watch Netflix at noon without any issues.
- Single Cable Compatibility: The single cable connection lets you reduce any confusion and clutter in your living space.
As you can see, the installation and connection process between the Sonos Playbar and the Samsung TV is more straightforward than you may think.
Not only can you use this Soundbar manually or wirelessly, but the minimal steps and fast set-up time makes even the least tech-savvy person happy about this speaker option.
For those who want a high-quality, versatile, aesthetic, and easy-to-use Soundbar that is ideal for mixed-use, the Sonos Playbar does not disappoint.
- How to Choose the Right Audio System for Your Home Theater Setup - April 25, 2023
- Imax vs Dolby Cinema: Which is Better? - April 21, 2023
- What is HDMI ARC? - April 15, 2023